Position: Captains – Full time & part time, from end March 2019
Hey Captain is looking for captains to sail our guests around the canals of Copenhagen while delivering a social, personal and informative tour. If you are social by heart, share our passion for being on the water, and want to join an exciting start-up maybe this is the job for you?
About Hey Captain
- We are a newly founded Copenhagen canal tour company established in May 2017.
- We believe that some people are looking for extraordinary experiences and our mission is to deliver a canal tour experience, which our guests see as world class and remember for life.
- We are a team of young ambitious people who have a passion for sailing.
About the position
- You will be sailing a boat with 12 passengers.
- While you cruise along the canals it is about making guests feel at home facilitating a social, personal, and informative tour
- You can influence your own working hours as we are open 7 days a week year around, and we are looking for people for both full time positions (4-5 shifts/week) and part time positions (min. 2 shifts/week).
- Full time positions will be with start from March 2019, and run year-round (break in Jan-Feb).
- Part time positions are needed for April 2019 and onwards, also year-round (break in Jan-Feb).
- An outdoor job where you will be sailing in the sun when the weather is good, and will be provided with all the necessary gear to keep you warm and dry for less fortunate days
- An opportunity to join a very ambitious start-up journey where we want to have fun while making a real positive impact on the guests we invite onboard.
- Possibility of earning attractive salary and tips
- Minimum 18 years old.
- You are positive and generally look at the brighter side of life.
- You have an outgoing personality and enjoy socializing and engaging in a personal and informative dialogue
- You are service minded and have general flair for making people feel comfortable as if they were home.
- You are devoted to your job, the guests, and your co-workers.
- Experience as a guide, instructor or similar is a plus.
- Sailing experience required, but we will also be training you in operating the boats safely in the harbor
- You are fluent in English and it is a plus if you also master an additional language like German, French, Spanish, Italian, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian.
To apply: Please send your CV and a short motivational letter.
For questions or more information please contact.
Timeline for interview process:
- Please send your application as early as possible as we will evaluate them on an on-going basis
- You can expect to hear back from us no later than 8th of March, please do not follow up before that
- Interviews will take place from the 12th of March
- If you become part of the team, training will start on the 25th of March